Do you want to complete your protein nutrition but don’t know how? Here’s a very simple recipe with minimum spices, full of flavours, a fancy snack which Jugnu and I love: HOME MADE CHICKEN NUGGETS.
These home made chicken nuggets are crispy (on the outside) and tender and juicy (inside).
INGREDIENTS FOR PREPARATION (Marination) Chicken Nuggets
1. Chicken Breast – 300gms
2. Salt – as per taste
3. Red Chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
4. Chilli Sauce – 1/2 tsp
5. Garlic powder – 1/2 tsp
6. Vodka – 1tbsp (add for extra crunch, can skip)
INGREDIENTS FOR PREPARATION (BAKING) Chicken Nuggets
1. Flour – 1 tbsp
2. Breadcrumbs – 1 tbsp (or crushed potato chips)
3. Beaten egg – 1 (add a few pinches of salt and pepper to it)
4. Barbecue Sauce and Chilli (sweet chilli) Sauce – 1 tbsp each
5. Spring onion – green portion of it (handful)
METHOD OF PREPARATION for Chicken Nuggets
- In a large bowl, add chicken pieces (cut into cubes).
- On top of chicken, add garlic powder, salt, red chilli powder and chilli sauce and mix everything together.
JUGNI’s MAGIC – Add vodka for some extra crunch and twist.
- Marinate it for minimum 1 hour (overnight will be ideal).
- Place 3 small wide mouth bowls flour, beaten eggs and bread crumbs respectively
- Take a fork, dip (one by one) chicken cubes into flour, then cover it with beaten egg and then layer it up with bread crumbs.
- Finally bake it in air fryer for 13 minutes at 175 degrees, or shallow fry them on low flame.
JUGNI’s TIP – add 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a pan, place the cubes evenly in the pan and cover the lid. Cook it on low flame for 6-7 minutes and then flip sides and cook again for 6-7 minutes.
- JUGNI’s MAGIC – In the last minute, add 1 tbsp each barbecue sauce and chilli sauce in the pan and toss the nuggets, and sprinkle green portion of the spring onion.
I would like to thank Marion’s Kitchen (Marion Grasby) for this amazing recipe, she is a master when it comes to Asian cooking. I am one of your biggest fans, Marion and Mama Noi ❤️.