Are you bored eating regular food? Would you like to relish fancy food, but also want to keep a check on your calorie intake? Here’s an amazing home-made seekh kebab roll/burrito recipe.
Seekh kebab, as the name suggests is a kebab grilled on seekh (skewers). It is one of my favorite appetizers and is my star dish of every party. It can be made at home with minced mutton / chicken but I prefer to keep things simple so I opt for the frozen ones. It is readily available in the supermarkets specially at Indian Stores (for my abroad friends).
After serving it as an appretizer, I turned it into a fancy lunch for my jugnu. They say lazy people are the smartest, I guess I am getting there. 😉 haha. One fine day when I didn’t feel like cooking, I air fried the kebabs, warmed up the tortillas and made a roll out of it. If you don’t want to air-fry it, simply thaw these (frozen ones) in a microwave for 1.5 mins and you should be good to go. Let’s check it out in detail.
Ingredients for Seekh Kebab Roll / Burrito (1)
- Seekh (freshly made or frozen ones)
- half onion
- 1/2 bell pepper (any color)
- 1/2 spoon Calve Samba Sauce
- 1/2 spoon Calve Yogurt sauce
- 1/2 olive oil
Preparation for Seekh Kebab Roll / Burrito
- Heat a pan and put some oil.
- Add onion and bell pepper at the same and saute it for 4-5 minutes.
- Microwave the frozen seekh for 1 minute on high and add it into the pan.
- Saute everything for another 4-5 minutes.
- Cover the lid, turn the gas off and let it cool down a bit.
- Take a tortilla or Indian roti, warm it up.
- Spread the sauces on the tortilla (you can add other sauces too as per your taste).
- Add the mixture from the pan on the tortilla and fold it up.
Jugni’s tip – Add some salad on side to balance out the carbs and protein. Also you can add whiskey cocktail sauce, barbecue sauce, Garlic sauce, mint coriander sauce, curry sauce etc. Calve.nl has a great variety and I am sure these sauces available in your country, maybe from other brands. Just trust your taste and add it to your roll.
Enjoy the roll with a cup of ginger cardamom tea and rest your day relishing the taste. If you like the post, do let me know by hitting the thumbs up button or by leaving a comment. Better still, share it on social media. 🙂