After getting inspired from my instigator, motivator, encourager, influencer best friend, I came out in the open to share my thoughts through this blog.
This five starred poha recipe is from her, I had to share it with all of you. The Gem of a person (and cook) Sneha Sachdeva shouldn’t be hidden from the world.
Poha is one of the quickest (and one of the most delicious) breakfast recipe or snack made with flattened rice. It is a healthier source of carbohydrate, and is recommended by a lot of dieticians and nutritionists. Let’s quickly take a look the ingredients.
Ingredients for Poha
1. 1.5 cup poha
2. 1/2 table spoon each
- Red Chilli
- Cumin Seeds (jeera)
- Rai seeds (mustard seeds)
- Amchur Powder (Mango Powder)
3. One table spoon oil
4. One table spoon raw peanuts (add more if you are a peanut fan)
5. One table spoon curry leaves
6. One onion, tomato and potato (cut into small cubes)
7. Half bowl peas
8. One lime.
Preparation for Poha
- Wash poha gently in cold water and let it dry in the sieve. Add a pinch of salt and turmeric. Don’t soak in water.
- Take a pan and roast the peanuts for 3-4 minutes and keep it aside.
- Take a separate pan and add oil in it.
- Add cumin and mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Then add curry leaves and roasted peanuts from step 2 and saute it for another 30 seconds.
- After that add onion and let it change color (TIP-don’t let it go completely brown). Saute it for a minute.
- Then add the spices including – salt, red chilli and turmeric along with peas and potatoes. Saute it for 1 minute.
- Then add tomatoes and and saute it for another 2 minutes (until tomatoes get mushier).
- Finally add poha. Sneha’s Magic Tip – (Run your fingers in the poha in sieve and break the poha lumps. Don’t add all the poha together, add in batches every 10 seconds).
- Keep stirring for 2-3 minutes on low flame and add/sprinkle some water if it looks dry.
- Add Amchur Powder and mix it.
- Turn the gas off and cover it for 3-4 minutes.
- Open the lid and squeeze some lime on top of it and garnish it with some coriander leaves.
- Serve and Enjoy.
You can also add sev or any namkeen on top of it for extra flavour.
Jugni’s Tip – Enjoy this healthy breakfast with a cup of ginger cardamom tea.
Do let me know if you enjoyed this recipe, by hitting the thumbs up button or by leaving a comment. Better still, share it on social media. 🙂