Healthy Home-Made Paneer Cutlets
Generally cutlets are made of one fourth protein portion and three fourth carbs. It either has more than 50% potatoes, all purpose flour (maida) or a lot of bread coatings.
Jugni has a very healthy version of preparing Paneer Cutlets. A snack with maximum protein value and minimum carbs value.
- no potatoes
- no all purpose flour
- no extra bread
- no deep frying
Paneer cutlets can also be known as Paneer Kebabs, Paneer Patty, Veggie Patty or Paneer Balls. Jugni’s paneer cutlets are made with minimum ingredients which can be enjoyed with another healthy chutney (sauce)- Green chilli coriander sauce or simple tomato ketchup.
Jugni’s Paneer Cutlets might not look beautiful because there is no frying and no potato, but is surely delicious.
Ingredients for the cutlets:
- 200gm Paneer
- 1 small Onion
- 1 inch Ginger
- One chopped Carrot and a few beans.
- Green chillies (if you like spicy)
- one bunch Coriander
- Salt, pepper, kasuri methi, coriander powder, garam masala, amchur powder and cumin powder
- Corn starch paste and some bread crumbs for coating.
Preparation of Paneer Cutlets
- Mash Paneer in a bowl.
- Add chopped onion, ginger, chillies. coriander and the masalas.
- Mix them together and make a dough.
- Shape them into patties (any size or shape) or balls.
- Refrigerate them for 2 hours (add one spoon corn starch if you are in hurry)
- Heat a pan, put 3 tb spoon oil.
- Coat the patties with corn starch slurry (one spoon corn starch with 3 spoon water) and then dip in bread crumbs for coating.
- Finally shallow fry them in pan (or bake them at 180 degrees for 15 mins each side-it varies depending on the oven).
- Enjoy with chutney.
Paneer Cutlets are very healthy and filling snack item for parties and also for kids. You can add peas, and corn to get more taste. Jugni prepared these Paneer Cutlets with some Cucumber and Apple salad for her Jugnu in dinner. Healthy Jugni and Jugnu would love you to try it out. 🙂
Let me know what you feel about this healthy recipe and if you like it, hit thumbs up 🙂