Tea or chai is like oxygen to a lot of people including jugni and her jugnu. There are a lot of combination of teas available but Jugni’s favourite is Ginger+Cardamom. There are also chai or tea masalas available but adding raw ginger and cardamom brings a great taste. Jugni tried all combinations including
- Ginger only tea
- cardamom only tea
- fennel only tea
- Ginger+ cardamom tea
- cardamom+fennel tea
- cardamom+Ginger+fennel tea
- Clove+ cardamom tea
- Clove+ginger+ cardamom tea
- cinnamon+clove+ cardamom+ginger tea
- cinnamon+cardamom tea
- fennel+ginger tea
- Masala tea
But Ginger+Cardamom rocks
How to prepare Ginger Cardamom Tea (3 cups)
- Heat the saucepan, add two cups of water and let it boil.
- Add an inch of fresh grated ginger and sugar according to your taste. Boil it for a few minutes until you smell ginger from the pan.
- Add 2 spoon full of chai patti (Jugni use Tata Tea pack) and wait for a 30 seconds.
- Add one cup milk and bring it to boil.
- after the boil, reduce the flame and add 2 big or 3 small cardamoms and cover the pan.
- JUGNI’s TIP – let it stay on LOWEST FLAME and boil for 2 minutes.
- Turn the gas off and let the tea stay covered in the pan for another 2 minutes.
- Serve the tea or Smell the tea and feel the mornings. 🙂
Jugni and Jugnu enjoy tea sessions twice a day, mornings and evenings. Do try it out feel the flavour.
Also Jugni’s special Tip and Recommendation is to have the tea after Aalo Poori Breakfast or Lunch. It’s great for digestion.
Well ginger and cardamom works best for me, let me know what is your favourite combination. Waiting for your comments below 🙂