The corona era is still going on and has brought our lives at a standstill. The pandemic has hit brakes really hard on our life’s acceleration but I am sure it’ll pass, just hang on there, we humans have the tendency to adjust to every situation.
Internet is flooded with articles/suggestions and videos on “things to do at home during corona times”. Here is my list which is a little different, and more engaging.
Corona lockdown has lead to a few good and adaptable changes. Let’s list them out first:
- we don’t get stuck in traffic now
- never get late for meetings.
- no more cribbing to wake up early
- zero travel time to get to work
- skin is breathing fresh
- no pollution
- home-cooked meals
Along with above-mentioned positives, there are a lot of things we could do to make our lockdown more productive and efficient. I understand we are already trying to adapt, maybe this post could help you do it more expertly and competently.
- Netflix / Amazon – yes! yes! yes! I am sure all of you have already watched Money Heist, Tiger King etc. But have you ever made a list of movies/series you would want to watch, there is an option in Netflix app where you could create your list. Now the question is what should be on that list? My recommendations are :
- Documentaries – Make a habit to watch atleast one documentary a week. This could be refreshing and interesting.
- TedTalks – I know it sounds boring, but if you are planning to go ahead in your career, ted talks could be a great way to enhance your knowledge.
- Go back to 70’s 80’s 90’s – We keep ourselves updated to everything new that comes up. What about reliving the old days? Try Netflix Party and enjoy old movies.
- Spring Cleaning – This sounds boring, but what if it could become a workout session instead. Watch this video, it might help.
3. Hobby – Don’t just think of Hobby, which has to be something unique. It could be as simple as you could imagine. For example, paint your nightstand/side table/dresser for fun. Bring color combinations in your wardrobe and match up your outfits for a better and planned tomorrow. Or plant a seed and invest your time in something which could yield results. A DIY project would surely add the thrill.
4. Learn a Language with your mate/partner – It needs a lot of commitment and discipline, and the internet is flooded with this lockdown solution, “learn a language during lockdown“, but the best way to do so is to have a partner along. Practicing while learning adds more fun to it and the challenge of maintaining discipline can also be sorted when you have someone tagged along.
5. Yoga – The entire world is going crazy for yoga, the internet is loaded with this statement “yoga se hi hoga“, which means Yoga can do everything. Special online yoga sessions are arranged by professionals and people are practicing yoga at home without any gym like gears, machines and equipments, just one yoga mat is what you need. So stay fit during the lockdown.
6. Learn a new skill – Learning a new skill could be anything, my Jugnu focussed on learning tricks in the stock market. On the other hand, I learned to ride a bike (when our government announced that we could bike/jog at a distance). Together we learned a few more card games like Code Names, Katan, and ForSale.
Lastly, lockdown is a lot more than you could imagine, it is not just cooking, baking, movies, phone calls, video chats, reconnecting with family and friends, but you could utilise this time for your upliftment as an individual.