The Great Aalo Poori Recipe
Aalo Poori is one of the most favourite breakfast/lunch dishes relished by Indians. Learn how to make aalo poori with a few ingredients. Jugni avoids using a lot of masals.
Ingredients for Aalo/Tari wale Aalo/Tamatar wale Aalo
- Boiled Potatoes – 400 gms
- Salt as per taste
- Tomatoes – 4 whole to tomatoes to be pureed in the grinder
- One table spoon each – Coriander powder, Kashmiri Chilli, Garam Masala, Cumin Powder, Turmeric, kasuri methi.
- Half cup whole milk or malai – JUGNI’s Magic
- 2 spoon Olive oil or Butter or Ghee (whatever you prefer)
Preparation for Tari wale Aalo
- Heat the pan and add oil.
- Simmer the gas and add the masalas-Coriander powder, Kashmiri Chilli, Cumin Powder and Turmeric. Saute it for 30 seconds.
- Add Tomato Puree and keep stirring.
- After 7-8 mins when the oil leaves the curry, add (Jugni’s Magic – Milk or Malai and stir for a 2 minutes.
- Add boiled potatoes (either crush them in your hand, or cut them into cubes – size as per your choice) and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garam masala and kasuri methi, stir for a minute and turn the gas off.
- Let it stay covered for 10 minutes.
Preparation for Tari Wale Aaloo
2 cups of whole wheat flour and one cup semolina flour. Knead it into a lil tough or hard dough as compared to normal roti dough. You can add salt, cumin seeds, coriander leaves, green chilli etc as per your taste. Jugni prefers it to be plain flour dough. Deep fry round pooris and enjoy with yummy aalo.
You can also have poori with chole (chickpea curry masala) or aam ka achaar (mango pickle) or Sooji Halwa.
Jugni Tip – It is a high calorie dish so it is preferred to have it in breakfast. You will have the entire day to digest it. Also, ginger cardamom tea is preferred after having aalo poori for digestion. Lastly, you will surely feel sleepy after having this in your meal, so enjoy it on a lazy sunday. 🙂 My Jugnu demands it every month, he is a big fan.
I hope you enjoy this post and already tempting it. Let me know if you liked it by hitting the thumbs up button and share your feedback too 🙂 Would love to hear from you all.